Changing a tampon on the go can be a little different from doing it at home, when you’re in the comfort of your own bathroom. With these helpful tips, you’ll be ready to change your tampon anywhere!Tampon Do’s
- Practice using tampons at home (only when you’re having your period of course!). The more practice you have at using a tampon, the easier it gets.
- Experiment with different types. Some wrappers are designed to be very easy to open. TAMPAX has a selection of tampons with wrappers that open with tabs, so they’re easy to open and you can place the applicator back in the wrapper when you throw it away.
- Get to know your menstrual cycle, and always use the lowest absorbency tampon for your period flow. It’s much easier to get in and out when it’s smaller!
- If your purse is not very big, or if you only prefer to use the pocket of your clothes when you are out of home, try Tampax’s Compact tampons. They’re full-size, but the applicator is tucked inside, so it fits in the palm of your hand. When you pull the tabs to open the wrapper, extend the applicator out until it clicks into place, and then you’re good to go.
- Put your used tampon applicator in the bin without wrapping it.
- Remember, never flush your applicator or used tampon away — it could block the toilet. If there’s a sanitary bin next to the toilet, put it there, otherwise wrap it in some tissue and put it in the bin before washing your hands.
Do you have any of your own tips to share about changing tampons on the go? Share them with your friends and join our Instagram community!